02 February, 2010

Cindy's Salsa is what we are loving ! ! !

My friend Cindy and I got this recipe from a friend, Stephanie. One of the reasons why people call it "Cindy's Salsa" is because she makes it every Christmas and gives it to friends. She is so awesome.

We all love the salsa and we all LOVE Cindy.

Bren, Cindy and Heidi - 2009 Race for the Cure


Cindy's Salsa

2 cans Mexican stewed tomatoes
1/2 of an onion chopped
1 whole green pepper chopped
1/2 of a lime squeezed
1 bunch of cilantro (leaves only)
2 T. Vinegar
salt to taste

Add one can of tomatoes in a blender with all the other ingredients. Blend for a few seconds. Add 2nd can of tomatoes and blend to make as chunky or smooth as you want.

Note: I use regular cans of diced tomatoes because the Mexican ones here are hard to find and really expensive. I am a wimp, so instead of a green pepper I open and plunk in a can of mild green chilies. I use balsamic vinegar because I like the flavor. I add sliced green onions to the last blend if I have them.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Shayla Taylor said...

Thanks Jenna. I miss you. You are one hot salsa makin' mama! :)

Heidi said...

My salsa never turns out as good as Cindy's. Maybe I love hers more just because she made it. :) Good stuff!