25 September, 2009

Scrumptious Banana Nut muffins are what's baking!

We love banana nut muffins at our house.

Well, the engineer can't stand them but the rest of us love them. I have tried a few egg substitutions in the last little while with my regular recipe. No luck - the muffins were like bricks.

I googled vegan banana nut muffin and I was pleasantly surprised at all the wonderful comments below the recipe, so I had to print and try!

Can you tell which one is my new favorite recipe?
on the left, old recipe (aka brick)-on the right fabulous new muffin

Delightful Banana Nut Muffins
posted by happyfoody.com
Cookbook: The Garden of Vegan
By Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard

1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup dry sweetener (I like rapadura or turbinado)
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
¾ cup ground flaxseed (or oat bran)
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup olive oil
1 t vanilla extract
2/3 cup soy, rice, or almond milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, flax or oat bran, and walnuts. In a small bowl, combine the bananas, oil, vanilla and soy milk. Pour the liquid ingredients with the dry and mix together gently until “just mixed”. Spoon into a lightly oiled muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.

I followed the recipe exactly as it was written and the muffins turned out amazing. I usually make a batch of blueberry and a banana nut batch weekly! It is exciting to find a yummy new banana nut recipe.


En Guete!

1 comment:

The Voracious Vegan said...

How did I miss this awesome recipe!!?! I have to make these, they look so delicious. I love a nice warm muffin in the morning.