10 July, 2009

June What's in Season is what's Cooking!

I had the opportunity to go to another What's in Season Class with Jack and Silvia from Laughing Lemon in June.

We, of course, were able to sample all of the season's tomatoes that local Zürich farmer's markets have to offer.
We made zucchini flowers - they were so good I could have eaten the entire plate.
This is the pan that held the most important ingredients for ratatouille. After it was prepared we ate it with baked polenta rounds. Oh my goodness - my mouth is watering - maybe I will make this for dinner tonight.
Here is Jack holding the finished Cherry clafouti - a dessert that originates from central France.
We ate it with roasted apricots and vanilla ice cream - the apricots were my favorite.
We also made our own spiced salad vinegar for us to take home and stare at until it is ready - about 2- 3 months. We had some vinegar on our salad that was 2 years old - so amazing!

Elisa Tanya Jack Silvia Jenna Meike

Thanks Jack and Silvia for another wonderful class !

No comments: