04 June, 2015

Jenna's Macaroon Bites


A few months ago, I was sent a link to some yummy raw macaroons on youtube. The problem was, there wasn't a written out recipe. The awesome blogger that is known for her youtube videos just has links back to youtube. I need my recipes written down.  Original recipe found on youtube. I stick pretty close to her recipe, I add salt and I WRITE it down.

I have made these delicious bites many times and I am really happy with how they consistently turn out.

Jenna's macaroon bites with chocolate drizzle
Here is my version:

Jenna's Macaroon Bites

1 c. unsweetened finely shredded coconut
3/4 c. raw almond flour (I used blanched, which makes my bites not raw)
1/4 c. coconut oil (solid)
2 T. maple syrup (I like grade B, it has more flavor)
1 t. Vanilla extract
1/16th t. sea salt

1 - Start with coconut oil in the food processor, whip until fluffy and most of the chunks are gone.

2 - Add vanilla extract, maple syrup and pulse until they are combined with the oil.

3 - Scrape down sides and add shredded coconut, almond flour and sea salt. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides as needed.

4 - After all the ingredients are well blended, scoop with small cookie scoop and place on cookie sheet with parchment paper and place in freezer for at least 20 minutes.

5 - My favorite option is to drizzle chocolate over half the batch. In a double boiler melt 1 cup chocolate chips, I use Enjoy life brand semi sweet, and 1 t. coco oil. Let melt until the chocolate is drizzle ready - not too hot. Then spoon the warm chocolate into a small plastic baggie. Cut a tiny slit in the corner and drizzle over half or all the macaroons.

6 - Once the chocolate drizzle is complete, the macaroons can go back in the freezer until serving or party transport time.

Notes:

Almond flour can easily be replaced with walnut, pecan or cashew meal

I always make a double batch = 49 #70 scoop size macaroon bites.

My scoop is labeled #70 - it is about 1 tablespoon

I know it may seem hard to believe but yes, there are people that like the plain macaroons without chocolate drizzle added to the top. Crazy, right?

En guete!

No comments: